URI:
   DIR Return Create A Forum - Home
       ---------------------------------------------------------
       Pewter Nation
  HTML https://pewter.createaforum.com
       ---------------------------------------------------------
       *****************************************************
   DIR Return to: BUCCANEERS
       *****************************************************
       #Post#: 92--------------------------------------------------
       C.J. Wilson, lost two fingers, Leaving Football
   DIR By: PWTRPWR
       Date: July 13, 2015, 5:34 pm
       ---------------------------------------------------------
       ESPN.com news services
       C.J. has decided to leave football 7/24/15
       Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback C.J. Wilson, who lost two
       fingers in a fireworks accident, was released from a hospital on
       Friday, and he is doing well and is "in very good spirits,"
       sources tell ESPN's Adam Caplan.
       Wilson underwent at least two surgeries on his hand while
       hospitalized at the Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North
       Carolina.
       The cornerback's father, Curtis Wilson Sr., appearing on
       Charlotte's WBTV last week, said the fireworks did not pop out
       of the canister when they exploded. He said his son lost his
       index and middle fingers off of one of his hands.
       Wilson Sr. was asked by WBTV how the injury might affect his
       son's career.
       "For me, that really doesn't matter. My son is alive, so God
       took care of him as far as that. I guess we'll cross that bridge
       later on down the road," he told the television station last
       week.
       The accident occurred in Wilson's hometown of Lincolnton, North
       Carolina, on July 4.
       Wilson, 25, was one of two NFL players to suffer injuries due to
       a fireworks accident over the Fourth of July weekend.
       Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul had his right index
       finger amputated last week after a fireworks accident in
       Florida.
       Wilson is in the final season of his two-year deal that carries
       a nonguaranteed base salary of $585,000 for the 2015 season.
       He appeared in two games last season and was credited with four
       tackles.
       ESPN.com's David Newton and The Associated Press contributed to
       this report.
       *****************************************************
       Page 1 of 1